Communications and Research Intern
The Confucius Institute U.S. Center is seeking a self-driven, paid communications and research intern with excellent writing skills to assist with digital marketing and communications, publicity, research and internal operations (19 hours per week). Interns are considered an essential part of a small but dynamic CIUS Center team. Interns are given a wide range of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop their skills in marketing, communications, writing, global education and research. Qualified graduate students, recent graduates and exceptional undergraduate students with degrees in higher education, China studies, global affairs, sociology, journalism, communications, anthropology, or related fields are welcome to apply.
- Creating, designing and formatting the Confucius Institute U.S. Center’s marketing and publicity materials
- Spearheading the creation and implementation of our organization’s monthly newsletter pertaining to global education development and trends, as well as the programs and activities of Confucius Institutes in the United States
- Writing news articles and reports on recent developments of educational and cultural exchanges between the U.S. and China
- Selecting content for the Confucius Institute U.S. Center’s social media postings
- Researching the history, current issues, and development trends of global education and internationalization in higher education
- Other duties as assigned
- Obtain legal documents of permission to work in the US
- Graduate student, recent graduate or exceptional undergraduate with an interest in international affairs and global education
- Excellent academic and creative English writing skills; Mandarin Chinese language skills is a plus but not required
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills
- Video editing skills desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress and social media marketing platforms
- Extremely detail oriented
- A team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, and able to meet and beat deadlines
- Quick to learn with a “start-up” mentality
- Graphic design skills desirable
- Passionate about fostering people to people cross-cultural exchanges between China and the United States
Employment Dates: August 13th, 2018 – December 14th, 2018.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3rd, 2018, citing “Communications and Research Internship” in the subject line.
Communications and Development Associate
The Confucius Institute U.S. (CIUS) Center is seeking an entry-level associate with strong verbal and written communications skills to assist in implementing the CIUS Center external communications and development plans. The Communications and Development Associate will assist in increasing the funding and visibility of the organization, its programs and advocacy efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring communication and development professional to join a growing organization and have a significant and meaningful impact on increasing cross-cultural understanding between the U.S. and China.
- Work with the communications team to implement CIUS external communications strategy across all channels, press and media, website, social media, reports, print publications
- Work closely with digital and social media associate to create engaging content aligned with the CIUS brand and key messages (Facebook, Twitter, Website, Blog)
- Implement CIUS development strategy through outreach, relationship-building, and fundraising
- Support program planning and implementation as needed
- Conduct research into relevant donor acquisition topics
- Act as a liaison between the CIUS Center and various external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial initiative
- Comfortable working both independently and on a small team
- Passion for strengthening understanding between people in the US and China
- Knowledge of Chinese and China strongly preferred
- Some development & fundraising experience preferred
- Experience in sales or communicating and building relationships with a variety of audiences preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com citing “Communications and Development Associate” in the subject line.