The Confucius Institute U.S. (CIUS) Center is seeking a paid Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern to assist in managing the CIUS Center social media accounts, developing online program initiatives, and executing social media campaigns (19 hours per week). The Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern will report directly to the Executive Director with close supervision from the External Communications Associate. As a small, developing non-profit organization, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern should be willing to support the strategic development and growth of the CIUS Center digital platforms while being comfortable working in a collaborative, team-oriented, work environment.
About the Confucius Institute U.S. Center
The Confucius Institute is an educational program dedicated to the teaching of Mandarin, cultivating Chinese cultural awareness, and facilitating global education. We believe the world is a better place when people of different cultures able to understand one another and work together. Based in Washington, D.C., the Confucius Institute U.S. (CIUS) Center is a regional center that supports joint efforts among the network of 100+ Confucius Institutes across the country through professional development, strategic communications, and global education opportunities.
Support the communications team in developing and maintaining the CIUS Center social media platforms:
- Create content to execute digital media campaigns that integrate seamlessly into the CIUS Center marketing strategy
- Manage the social media platform editorial calendar
- Research and implement new creative strategies for increasing social media engagement and value
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on the success of social media initiatives
- Monitor social media interactions and engagement
- Represent and grow the CIUS Center brand across platforms
- Graduate student, recent graduate, or exceptional undergraduate with academic or professional experience in digital marketing and communications
- Excellent creative writing skills; Mandarin Chinese language skills are not required
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, and quick to learn with a “start-up” mentality
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking
- Proficient in utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Experience using Sprout Social and Canva is a plus.
- Graphic design and video editing skills desirable
- Passionate about fostering people to people cross-cultural exchanges between China and the United States
Employment Dates: February 17, 2020 – TBD
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 12, 2020 citing “Digital Marketing Internship” in the subject line.