Confucius Institute U.S. Center in Washington, DC is looking for a Program and Digital media coordinator. The ideal candidate should be energetic and well-organized entrepreneur who can take on a variety of tasks on programming, outreach, events coordination, and digital communications.
As a Program and Digital Media Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing support to ensure efficient operation of online programs and social media accounts. You will lead the effort of designing, planning, and executing the Chinese language and culture related online discussion events, and communicate via phone and email to ensure a variety of programming responsibilities are delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. You will also manage the organizational social media accounts including creating and posting high quality and engaging contents.
- Design and plan the online educational and cultural program together with the team.
- Publicize and promote the program information through online event platform, emails, newsletter, social media, and website toward general public to form a learning community of Chinese language and culture enthusiasts.
- Provide technical support and organization to implement the online programing, including communicating with speakers and guests.
- Oversee the organizational social media accounts to post information of events, as well as messages related to the Chinese language education and cultural awareness, and engage with other educational and cultural organizations on social media platforms.
- US citizen or permanent residence.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- A knowledge of Mandarin and China studies is required. Chinese language skill is preferred but not required.
- Savvy with social media.
- Excellent academic and creative writing, editing, and proofreading experience in a professional environment.
- Positive service attitude and solid oral communication and interpersonal skills for team work.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Zoom, and Sprout Social.
- Graphic design and video editing skill is preferred.
- Self-motived, and able to meet deadlines and timelines.
- International experience is preferred. Interest in international education exchange and world language education.
Confucius Institute U.S. Center
Confucius Institute U.S. Center is a non-profit educational organization incorporated and located in Washington DC. We are dedicated to introducing Confucius Institutes to American people and organizations to enhance understanding of Chinese language and culture, promoting people-to-people interaction and exchange, and strengthening educational and cultural exchange between China and the US. Our office is located in the heart of downtown DC, within 3 minutes walking distance to DuPont Circle Metro Station.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Lauren at CIUS@ciuscenter.org by August 21st for consideration.