Who can enter?
SHORT ANSWER: ANYONE with a connection to Chinese language or culture
We encourage all students of Chinese language and culture to apply. We define “students” broadly, focusing on competitor’s stories and experiences over age or affiliation.
Past Honorees have been:
- Mid-career professionals who feel connected to China
- Participants of Chinese Bridge and other similar competitions
- Retirees at the beginning of their Chinese language journey
- Exemplary elementary and middle school students
- College professors with a passion for learning or teaching Mandarin
What are the benefits?
- Receive access to an exclusive Alumni community, including special events and networking opportunities
- Be honored at the 6th Annual People-to-People Award Gala in Washington, DC [or virtually – TBD]
- Be featured on the CIUS Center website and promoted on CIUS Center social media
- Have opportunities to be interviewed and/or write blogs and articles that will be promoted by the CIUS Center
How do I apply?
Applicants can apply via https://forms.gle/nThptTTpojMmJNUX6
Steps to Apply:
1) Read past contest winner’s stories
2) Write about your story.
Some things to consider:
- What makes you unique?
- How have you engaged with the Chinese/Chinese-American community and/or Chinese language?
- What aspects of cross-cultural exchange fascinate you the most?
3) Submit your application via the online form liked above