Digital Marketing and Program Associate
The Confucius Institute U.S. (CIUS) Center is seeking an entry-level program associate and talented social media manager to develop, implement, and manage the CIUS Center digital marketing plan (website and social media platforms). The Digital Marketing and Program Associate will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for implementing CIUS Center’s communications strategy, expanding CIUS Center’s digital presence, developing marketing campaigns, creating original text, photo and video content, and engaging our online community.
About the Confucius Institute U.S. Center
The Confucius Institute is a not-for-profit educational program dedicated to the teaching of Mandarin, cultivating Chinese cultural awareness, and facilitating global education. We believe the world will be a better place if people from different cultures can understand one another and work together. Based in Washington, D.C., the Confucius Institute U.S. (CIUS) Center is the regional center that supports joint efforts among the network of 110 Confucius Institutes across the country through professional development, strategic communications, and academic research support services.
Manage online presence and engagement, ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement across social media platforms.
- Develop digital marketing programs that strengthen the CIUS Center brand and relationships within the Confucius Institute network
- Optimize CIUS Center website content to increase engagement and search engine results
- Assist in designing and implementing social media strategy to align with organizational goals
- Manage and monitor social media accounts to engage and add value to followers/members, through shared content with the goal of increasing engagement
- Create, curate and manage all published content (video, text, articles, blog posts, images)
- Track metrics to analyze the success of content marketing efforts and optimize accordingly
- As needed, assist with planning and executing large scale events and oversee components of event logistics, congressional outreach, press, publicity, and program content for 150+ attendees.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- 1 year of relevant work experience preferred
- Proven experience in creating engaging, promotional, inspirational, or entertaining content across platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, website/blog WordPress, MailChimp)
- Proven experience in increasing online engagement
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- An understanding of the most effective digital marketing strategies for an educational, non-profit institution
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video) – some familiarity with video production and graphic design preferred
- Familiarity with web design, user experience design, and content management
- Intelligent, creative and can think outside the box
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong project management skills, ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Passionate about fostering greater understanding between China and the United States
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2018, citing “Digital Marketing and Program Associate” in the subject line.